In addition to compliance with the terms in laws and regulations, "Guidelines for Personal Information Protection in Telecommunications Businesses" and our internal rules and regulations, we set Private Policy to properly manage and protect the personal information that we handle in our business operations and adopt and improve a personal information protection system for our stakeholders, including our customers, business partners, shareholders, officers and employees (Hereinafter referred to as "Employees") to their comfort as set out below:
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Specification of the Purpose of Utilization and its Announcement
- We make an advance announcement publicly the purpose of utilization of the personal information that we obtain from our customers as much as possible. Moreover, when we directly collect the personal information listed on documents including contracts from customers, we clarify in advance the purpose of utilization to the customers. For the actual usage, please refer to each service page.
- Use within the Purpose of Utilization
- We will handle the personal information of our customers only within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization announced in advance. However, when falling under each of the items of Article 6 Paragraph 3 of Guideline we may handle the personal information beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization announced in advance.
- Retention Period
- We establish, except in cases in which prescribed by laws and regulations, a retention period for the personal information of our customers within the scope necessary for the purpose of utilization, and then erase the information promptly after the retention period or the fulfillment of the purpose of utilization. However, this provision shall not apply in cases falling under either of the items of Article 10 Paragraph 2 of Guideline.
- Safety Management Measures
- We may outsource partial or whole handling of the personal information of our customers to a third party within the range of the usage. For the selection of a vendor, we confirm that the vendor properly handles personal information and request them to do the same with the information of our customers. Moreover, we appropriately exercise necessary supervision of the vendor such as inclusive of the terms concerning an audit for personal information handling in a contract.
- Supervision of Employees
- We exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over our Employees to ensure the security control of the personal information of our customers. Moreover, we offer Employees training necessary to ensure the proper handling of the personal information.
- Supervision of Trustee
We may entrust a third party with handling of the personal information of our customers in whole or in part within the scope of the purpose of utilization. For the selection of trustee, we confirm that the trustee properly handles personal information and request him to do the same with the personal information of our customers.
Moreover, we exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the trustee such as inclusive of the terms in a contract concerning an audit for handling of the personal information.
- Provision to A Third Party
- We shall not, except in cases falling under each of the items of Article 15 Paragraph 1 of Guideline, provide the personal information of our customers to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the customers.
- Information sharing
- When a recipient of the personal information is applicable to either of the items of Article 15 Paragraph 4 of Guideline, we consider the recipient of the information is not "a third party" and may entrust a third party with the handling of the personal information of our customers, provide the information to a third party or use jointly the information with a certain party without obtaining the consent of our customers. The parties to jointly use the information are restricted to our group companies. Furthermore, we announce publicly the items of personal information to be used jointly, the purpose of utilization and the name of the business operator responsible for the management of the personal information in each service page of the website.
- Request for Disclosure etc
- When a customer requests for a notice of the purpose of utilization, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, discontinue of the utilization or discontinue of the provision to a third party with regard to the personal information, customer can notify us by following our routine procedure. Please contact our service contact for any inquiries on how you go through the procedure.
- Processing of Complaints
- We take an immediate and appropriate measure for complaints and inquiries regarding the handling of personal information from our customers. We post contacts for complaints and inquiries on each service page.
- Handling of Information Leakage etc
- At the time of the leakage of the personal information of our customers, we will immediately and appropriately respond to the issue inclusive of sending a notice to the customers clarifying the fact.
- Continuous Improvement
- We endeavor continually to improve the internal handling of personal information through the establishment of internal rules and regulations for personal information protection, and through employee training and the practice of internal audit.